Saturday 18 October 2014

Reviews of TAKEN and TORN in the same week!

Over the last week or so I have had some great emails from readers in Illinois:

A review of TAKEN by Mekenzie Wheeler on 17th Oct 2014

I am an 8th grade student from a smalltown in southern IL. I particpate in many sports and I love to hunt, fish, anything outdoors. I don't have much time for reading. However, in my English class we were told we are starting a book project.

For my book, I selected TAKEN. I started reading it and just couldn't put it down! I love the story between Ash and Rio. How they fell in love. You made it to where I felt like i knew these charecters personally. I was in disbelief when I read Izzy passed on. I didn't want this book to end.

My mom was very suprised to see me reading. I think it made her happy. Thank you for creating such a powerful and detailed story.

Yours Truly,
Mekenzie Wheeler

 

 And this review of TORN by Jack Rumer on 15th Oct 2014

Mr. David Massey:

Hi, my name is Jack Rumer and I go to Pella High School. In English we are doing book reports and I wanted to send you a business letter telling you how much I enjoyed reading Torn. Your book caught me by surprise with its action and suspense.

When the British Army was told that the Navy Seals were coming to the base, Heidi said, 'There are plenty of other bases the Americans could use.' I understood that she didn't like the Americans, or didn't like someone in the American forces. I enjoy reading and your book was very enjoyable to read. I especially enjoyed the intense fight scenes and how the Navy Seals came into the story to find Aroush for General Macallum.

I also liked how you included the Young Martyrs in the last battle scene when they were all fighting the terrorists. In total, yo ur book was the best book I have read all year. You have inspired me to become a writer and to find inspiration in all things, good and bad. I was wondering, is there a second book to this series? I would really enjoy reading a second part of this story.

Sincerely,
Jack C. Rumer

No comments:

Post a Comment