Wednesday 22 October 2014

TAKEN makes the 2015 CILIP Carnegie medal nominations!

25th July 2006 Mr Leo on his birthday with unbelievable clouds
How cool is this? My second novel has found its way onto one of the biggest literary awards in the world - the Carnegie CILIP award! I am well chuffed, especially as all of those people who know about such things tell me that second novels don't do awards.


It's a wonderful surprise, especially as TAKEN is one of my favorite stories. I explore lots of themes and feel really close to my characters. One thing that worries me though is the LEO reference. Apparently one of the criteria the judges will be looking at is believability. None of the judges will believe that Izzy could experience something so weird! The thing is - it happened to me. Cue the X File music.

No comments:

Post a Comment